A few months ago we posted a short video sampling (see below) of the urban scenery in New York City’s Meat Packing District.
A lot of people have asked us about the specific locations, street art and landmarks shown in the clip, the first such video in Global Graphica’s “Visual Culture” series.
We’re posting the video again with an annotated list of the shots and visuals captured in the clip in the order of appearance. Here is the list …
1. Intersection of 14th Street and Ninth Avenue, looking east.
2. W. 14th Street, looking east from the High Line Park
3. Porter House, 66 Ninth Avenue – Building by SHoP Architects
4. 14th Street, looking west between the High Line and Ninth Avenue
5. Tree foliage on W. 14th Street
6. Outdoor antique chandelier hanging from awning at Rubin Chappelle shop
7. Angry Birds wheat-paste street art
8. Uncle Moneybags (Monopoloy) wheat-paste street art by the artist ALEC
9. “Passing Through at the Standard” (with “Companion” character) by the artist Kaws
10. Geometric glass penthouse atop the Diane von Furstenburg (DVF) building
11. Stencil of photographer Terry Richardson with iconic “thumb up” pose in stairwell entrance to subway station at 14th Street and Eighth Avenue
12. Vitra storefront
13. Apple store – Chelsea
14. Hanging Apple logo sign – Apple store, Chelsea
15. Belvedere vodka billboard and NYC taxis on Greenwich Street at 14th Street
16. Soho House building, Greenwich Street
17. Ceiling Lights in High Line passage between 15th and 16th streets